The #MuteMichaelJackson Campaign
"I have received some incredible messages from child abuse survivors triggered by Dan Reed's "Leaving Neverland". There is nothing better than to have people open their hearts to you because they trust you. That trust will not be betrayed and that means that I will continue to fight until Wade, James and all victims of child abuse are treated with dignity and respect. I don't believe that this can be done until Michael Jackson is widely "muted" and his enablers brought to justice. I cannot accept that Michael Jackson's music will be played, after what he did, in any public forum.
So my promise to his victims and all victims of child abuse is this:
I have spent my life promoting Michael Jackson. I will now spend some of it "unpromoting" him. This means that I will be arranging boycotts and protests against anybody who wants to promote the child rapists music and insult his victims. I will fund it, I will arrange it and it will succeed. Play his music or say a nice word about this predator around me... or just fail to condemn him and that will be the end of me and you. Whoever you are... individual, institution or company. My loyalty lies with the victims and not with you and your insensitivity, lack of empathy and lack of insight.
In future, you're advised to please remember this before bringing his name up in conversation with me. I consider the mere mention of his name as an insult and an affront. It's time to turn the shame on to the people who should be ashamed; the apologists, perpetrators, excusers, victim shamers and enablers ... and off the innocent brave victims".
Condemning Michael Jackson and his enablers
Anthony King publically condemned and disassociated from Michael Jackson on 19th February 2019 in solidarity with Wade Robson and James Safechuck and "Leaving Neverland". Anthony is also proud to say that in 20 years he never publically or privately defended Michael Jackson's inappropriate behaviour or personal life in any way. Anthony was later attacked and harassed, receiving death threats which were reported to the Police. Anthony King's media interviews and endorsements video is intentionally muted to remove the disgraced Michael Jackson's music. He is introduced by BBC News who said:
"I'm here to meet Anthony King! Michael Jackson has actually endorsed his Thriller dance classes on his website - BBC NEWS"
You can read more in his interview with "Vice News" here.
Boycotting Michael Jackson - The good ones!
I would like to thank these companies for doing the right thing and standing up for the victims of child abuse. Let's give them our support!
2) Louis Vuitton - "Michael Jackson-inspired pieces removed from Louis Vuitton collection" (14th March 2019)
"We find the allegations in the documentary deeply troubling and disturbing," Michael Burke, Louis Vuitton's chairman and chief executive officer, said in a statement. "Child safety and welfare is of utmost importance to Louis Vuitton. We are fully committed to advocating this cause."
3) Starbucks - "We can confirm there are currently no Michael Jackson songs on official Starbucks Spotify Playlists. Would you mind sharing the store location so we can follow-up?" (13th March 2019)
4) The Simpsons: "Simpsons Producer Poses Dark Theory on Michael Jackson Episode" - Following the release of Leaving Neverland, the producers of The Simpsons pulled a 1991 episode featuring Jackson's voice from all official online streams and TV feeds. “I think it was part of what he used to groom boys,” claims Al Jean, a longtime writer and producer of the series
5) The Los Angeles Lakers: ESPN's Lakers correspondent Dave McMenamin tweeted that since Leaving Neverland aired, the team's "Air Band Cam" has featured Chuck Berry's "Johnny B. Goode" and Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" removing Michael Jackson's "Beat It." (March 9th 2019)
6) Drake: The rapper removed "Don't Matter to Me," which features vocals by Michael Jackson, from his live set list. (11th March 2019)
7) National Football Museum: "Michael Jackson statue: National Football Museum removes artwork " (6th March 2019)
Disrespecting the victims of child abuse - The bad ones!
Will be updating this list soon
Mental illness prevalent in the Michael Jackson fan community - resources to help
It's clear that many Michael Jackson fans (if not all?) suffer from probable serious mental illness or/and personality disorders (including probable CWS, narcissism and/or psychopathy) as demonstrated by their constant stream of threats/abuse/death threats/attacks. Many have exhibited signs of rage, victim shaming and a variety of other serious traits of mental illness since the broadcast of "Leaving Neverland". I have personally received hundreds of messages of abuse including death threats and sustained harassment from Michael Jackson fans.
Call the Police immediately
It's important not to engage with these individuals. Keep a record and call the Police on 999 in an emergency or 101 (The police non-emergency number).
MJ fans can get the help and education they need here: